Review: I had a huge can of pumpkin and I only used a small amount for the oatmeal, so I looked for another recipe that could use up my open can of pumpkin. I found this one and thought I could take it to a party with me! So, I mixed up all the ingredients and baked it and let it cool for an hour and I had exactly 2 hours until I had to leave for the party so I refrigerated it for 2 hours (per the directions).
Only, after 2 hours, the middle had not set - it was still very liquidy. I thought maybe I could take the outer pieces of fudge (because this recipe makes a ton of small fudge pieces) but my first bite tasted like pure pumpkin. Kind of a shock to the senses when my eyes are telling my mouth that I'm about to eat chocolate but instead it tastes like pumpkin. Though I mixed it well, some places were definitely more pumpkiny than others. The entire batch was left at home for my family to eat since they had been fairly warned.
Score: 2/5
Prepared: 8/22/09
No comments:
Post a Comment