Monday, October 5, 2009

Veggie-Friendly Asian Lettuce Cups (vegetarian) - p81


Review: These lettuce wraps were surprisingly good. I don't think I've ever had a lettuce wrap in a restaurant but these were good enough to stand on their own. There wasn't any kind of dipping sauce but look at the portion you get! It's 4 WW points for these enormous 3 wraps! My husband was turned off when I read the ingredients but by the time they were ready, he was eying them. I offered him 1 and he ended up eating all 3 (recipe makes 6 total). They weren't too hard to make and they didn't take very long. 3 might be a little much for 1 person - probably best to limit yourself to 1 as an appetizer.

Score: 4/5
Prepared: 10/04/09

2 comments:

  1. These look good! You say they are vegetarian, but they look meaty. Hmmm? I would love to know the main ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MorningStar ground-beef-style soy crumbles and mushrooms and between the two of them and some soy sauce, they turn everything else brown. A lot of her cookbook recipes can be found online too. Just click and scroll down (usually just 3 recipes per link) until you see it: http://hungry-girl.com/girls/biteoutdetails.php?isid=1518

    ReplyDelete