Review: This recipe made a huge serving...of snow peas mostly. The suggested cooking time was a little short for stir-frying the snow peas and too much for the mushrooms. LOL, cooking the shrimp was like a magic trick. And I was mad about it. I had written down the ingredients without reading the recipe (like any normal person) and ended up buying frozen raw shrimp that I thawed to make this recipe. JUST to boil before putting in the stir-fry. Definitely would have splurged for already cooked shrimp for this one! But, the magic trick was that HG said it would only take 30 second to cook the shrimp, but literally, they hit the water and turned pink. I've never seen that before!
Anyway, to the recipe. It was pretty bland overall. Maybe it needed some sauce to go over it after the stir-fry or something added to the stir-fry. Technically, I forgot the water chestnuts but they don't really add flavor anyway, just crunch. My husband added more soy sauce to his dish and said it helped but I wasn't up for adding more of that, so I just don't know. It was a good portion but the flavor was missing something...
Score: 3/5
Prepared: 11/13/09
No comments:
Post a Comment