Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oatstanding Veggie Patties (vegetarian) - p72


Review: I was impressed by how much this recipe made - 5 large patties that are only 1 point a piece and they never go up! Eat 3 patties, just 3 points. Amazing. Of course it's almost all veggies. They were very moist and grilling them like this, only firmed up the outsides. The inside was still raw and kept oozing out. I threw it on an Arnold's Sandwich Thins with some Fat Free Singles and it was yummy but oozy.

The second cooking, I smushed them a bit flatter and got the pan hotter so they browned but it was still pretty moist. I even added a paper towel to the plate in the fridge to try to soak up some of the moisture. They were good and I was amazed by their points values and I could even overlook their ooziness but they took 10 minutes each to cook and I made 3. I was starved by the time they were ready. And I was afraid to put more than one on a pan because they hold together too well. And I was determined not to wash multiple pans. Live and learn.

Score: 4/5
Prepared: 11/7/09

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1030

No comments:

Post a Comment