Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cherry Muffins (vegetarian) - p177


Review: These muffins did not get rave reviews from anyone who tried them. I felt like they had a lot of potential and I enjoyed them but I have also gotten used to having Fiber One in everything. I decided to take these muffins to Girls' Night. I used No Pudge Cupcake mix which I have only heard good reviews of - even from my picky husband. The girls automatically told me the chocolate tasted weird and asked me if I put nuts in it because there were crunchy things in it.

Upon further review, I agreed that the Fiber One (crunchy part) was a little strange. However, I thought the flavor was great - the cherry pie filling and No Pudge make a great mix. I was left with the majority of a can of cherry pie filling to find a use for which is kind of disappointing. No other recipes in the book use it but there are recipes that call for fresh cherries. Guess we'll see what I come up with.

Score: 4/5
Prepared: 10/15/09

No comments:

Post a Comment