Review: Wow, was this recipe good. I can't say I've ever made stuffing from scratch. Maybe never even had it. Only 2 years ago did I discover that my grandmother's thanksgiving stuffing was really Pepperidge Farms stuffing with some celery added. So I got to toast some bread and add the seasoning. It was fun to cook something that I didn't know how to make from scratch and pretty simple too. I don't know if using fresh bread is cost-effective compared to a box of StoveTop but I liked it. And my husband was amazed too but how much it tasted JUST LIKE STUFFING. When asked how I made it, he listened quietly until I got to Rosemary and then he said, "ah, rosemary - that's what makes stuffing taste like stuffing." Boys are silly!
The only drawback is that I had to split the recipe in 2 because my husband doesn't eat celery. Meanwhile, I wanted to accurately review the HG recipe. So, I made 2 recipes. I was surprised by how the celery didn't seem to contribute much. I would DEFINITELY make this recipe again - just one dish without celery though.
Score: 5/5
Prepared: 10/26/09
http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=966
Vegetarian stuffing. Yummo! I would like to try this! My grandma makes stuffing from scratch. Each year she makes one for the family (with sausage) and one for me and John w/o sausage and w/ veggie broth.
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend it! I just saw in the store that they make a bag of potato bread already cubed in the bread aisle! Great for bread pudding or stuffing (just not WW-friendly).
ReplyDelete