Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rockin' Roasted Shrimp & Asparagus Corn Chowder - p60


Review: The concept of this recipe was awesome. But there were a couple thins off. I think the cayenne was a little much. HG likes stuff SPICY! Wow. I liked the shrimp in this recipe because I couldn't taste them but they snuck in as a protein source. I'm not sure that roasting the shrimp and asparagus does much for the recipe though. I actually used precooked shrimp and canned asparagus.

Also, the cooking time seems off. I cut my potato chunks smaller than 1" cubed and after 15 minutes of simmering, there was no way in hell that was going to mush up the potato. It was still good - just a little hard. And spicy. And surprisingly potato-y. There isn't much potato in this recipe but it seems to STRETCH out. Weird.

Score: 3/5
Prepared: 12/28/09

No comments:

Post a Comment