Monday, August 31, 2009

Amazing Ate-Layer Dip (vegetarian) - p158


Review: This "dip" is Amazing. I mean it. I decided to eat it as a salad rather than a "dip." It was so freaking good. I ate 4 servings for a meal. Although it says it is 1 pt/serving and 8 servings, once the fiber adds up, it doubles the points. So, 4 servings was 8 pts. But it is extremely dense. I mean, I could get a work out lifting this bowl of dip. And there was so much yummy goodness flavor. And I discovered the magic of butternut squash. This recipe uses it instead of re-fried beans. I thought that sounded gross but it's actually pretty good. Once it's all mixed together, you can't taste it anyway. But the consistency is perfect to pass for re-fried beans!

Now, if I hadn't had 10 cups of butternut squash cut up on Sunday and felt all put out in the time it took to make "squash porridge," I might not have been so full of glee about the butternut squash required to make this recipe. As it stands, I ran around telling everyone in my office how great my lunch was. And I was plotting how I could eat the other half ASAP.

Score: 5/5
Prepared: 9/1/09

No comments:

Post a Comment