Review: I really liked these egg rolls. They had a lot going on so it took me a little bit longer than expected to make (about 25 min prep time) but they were pretty worth it. The recipe makes 12 full size egg rolls that you cut into 24 bite size egg rolls. Each full size egg roll is 1 WW point! How awesome is that? And I totally didn't need any duck sauce or additional sauces. At first I thought that cutting the full size egg rolls into bite size pieces was annoying but then I learned that they were really bite size! I was doing homework and I could just throw one in my mouth and keep on going. I got lazy and didn't cut my last one and I ended up being annoyed with myself for not doing it!
But these bad boys have a lot of things going on in them. This recipe definitely has a bunch of ingredients in small amounts but I decided that it was less burdensome than some of the other recipes. These items are more likely to be used in other recipes or random snacking so it doesn't seem like some leftovers you need to use up in the fridge. And I totally don't miss the egg rolls being fried - they were great baked. A better success than my first attempt at baking egg rolls. I think the secret is in the cooking spray on top. Thanks HG!
Score: 5/5
Prepared: 8/26/09
No comments:
Post a Comment