
Review: This recipe was one of those with a lot of little things. 2 tablespoons of this, 1/4 cup of that, another 2 tablespoons of this. Plus a homemade BBQ sauce. It definitely took me a while to chop everything up and that's not including the lettuce, tomato or onion. LOL. I met my husband at Whole Foods and told him I brought a salad for dinner but I needed some lettuce. I hit up the salad bar and the onion and tomato were right there so I just slapped them on too instead of chopping them up. I liked the BBQ sauce and I used it like a dressing which I thought was fun and different.
It was my first time trying jicama and I'm not sure I'm sold. I bought the smallest one I could find and I think it's still more than enough to make a party-size serving of another recipe. I don't think I could just eat it plain or dipped. Oh yeah, FYI to everyone, I did NOT know how to peel a jicama. Everything I read said, "peel it and chop it." Great. Easy. So, I break out my carrot peeler and it's soooooo hard to peel because it's round and not soft like a potato. Then a snag a little layer and it comes off all at once. Like a banana. I peeled the rest of it like a banana. How come people can't put this on the internet? Oh yeah. Just did.
Score: 4/5
Prepared: 9/15/09
No comments:
Post a Comment